Ok my turn to rant about the courts and police

CBH13

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
Ok so i guess now its my turn to be angry at the courts a local pd. About a month and a half ago me and my father were out of town camping and while we were gone my sisters car broke down at about 11:30pm one night and with no one else in town that could help she called our brother to come and pick her up which he gladly did. One the way home he was pulled over for failure to maintain lane and upon finding out he was under 18 and it was now past midnight at this point decided to ticket my brother for the lane and being out past midnight and tow his car because he was "wasting his time" by having to wait for a driver who could legally drive after midnight, all for helping his sister in need. Well today was his day in court and what did his good deed get him? 200 bucks in fines, 12 months probation, 8 hours community service and a defensive driver course that when coupled with the tow will prob end up being over 1000 bucks for all of this for him doing a good deed. Thanks law system you really help protect us and arnt out just to make a buck . . . rant over.

Uh, if all of that is complete and correct it is WAY out of line. There has to be something missing here. If your sister was with him why couldn't she drive the car rather than towing it? Was she prohibited from driving too? Besides, it is crazy to tow the car just because of an age/curfew violation especially if his sister is of age. There's more that just don't as up here but if it did happen exactly as stated with nothing more y'all need to consult an attorney.

Uh, if all of that is complete and correct it is WAY out of line. There has to be something missing here. If your sister was with him why couldn't she drive the car rather than towing it? Was she prohibited from driving too? Besides, it is crazy to tow the car just because of an age/curfew violation especially if his sister is of age. There's more that just don't as up here but if it did happen exactly as stated with nothing more y'all need to consult an attorney.

my sister is 17 as well so she wasnt allowed to drive either, and by the time he finally got ahold of someone who was to come out the cop told him it was too late and they were towing the car no matter what. also keep in mind he is only 17 so he felt pressured into giving in to alot of this by some grown man who feels the need to intimidate a kid doing nothing wrong and everything stated is exactly what happened

I tend to side with the LEO most of the time (and I know that a lot of you disagree with that), but this particular situation seems grossly unfair.

There's an old saying:
If you want justice, go to a whore house.
If you want to get screwed, go to court.

I'm truly sorry for your experience. You and your family deserved better from that LEO and the court system.

my sister is 17 as well so she wasnt allowed to drive either, and by the time he finally got ahold of someone who was to come out the cop told him it was too late and they were towing the car no matter what. also keep in mind he is only 17 so he felt pressured into giving in to alot of this by some grown man who feels the need to intimidate a kid doing nothing wrong and everything stated is exactly what happened

I've seen people get much less for actual crimes, not traffic violations, so that is truly out of whack. Y'all need to see an attorney.

Back
Top Bottom