• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

Here is another one….

The Omega is my favorite. I don't give two ****s about James Bond. As far as Biden I have seen him wearing Omega as well as different Rolex models. On a side note I think the entire Biden family must have a sponsorship deal with Ray Ban.
But you gotta admit that the Monaco makes a bold statement. I was never a chronograph fan since it makes for a cluttered looking dial. And it was only in the past few years I warmed up to square and rectangular dial watches. Last year I got out bid on a vintage Orient Producer German market square dial automatic. And lately I find myself almost hitting the Buy Now on a Bulova Frank Sinatra "My Way" which is very retro cool and looks just a little bit like a Cartier Tank. But I would take any and every model in the Bulova Sinatra line. They're all sweet.
Anyway there are quartz options in the Monaco and the Seamaster. In fact the Bond Seamaster from back in 93 was quartz. But to me that's just wrong. I mean Swiss and Quartz in the same sentence... And now that the newer Seamaster has an exhibition case back I would just have to have the automatic model. IF...I were to cheap out on either one I would go quartz on the Monaco just to save money at the point of sale and hopefully on maintenance. But it has an exhibition case back now too so...
Did you ever decide?

Did you ever decide?
Still paying off cards from last year. ( So I can load them up again this year) . The Seamaster is clearly the superior watch but I see better grey market /eBay deals on the Monaco. Both can be had with a cheaper quartz movement but I could never buy a Swiss watch with a quartz movement. That's like one rung above buying a counterfeit.

A little from the Kremlin, Putin's timepiece, watch, cash, docs for sale with others, see my listing
1677700364372.png

I loved my seamaster, it’s a beautiful watch. I agree, quartz is just silly. I mean, you can even get a Royal Oak in quartz for goodness sake, like what even is the point.
So I guess a quartz Royal Oak would only cost as much as a new F150 instead of as much as a new King Ranch Super Duty. And... Not a single bedroom or bathroom.
But seriously, I love the look of the plain steel Royal Oak. It's kinda like the Monaco in that it has its own very unique look. But so many of the Royal Oak models are WAY over the top in price and just tacky looks these days. But yeah I dig the original a lot since it has a 70s vibe .

Back
Top Bottom