• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

Luminox typically day to day go too! Tired of Apple Watch making my wrist vibrate all freaking day. I’ve got several dress watches for when need arises

Attachments

• C39DA5DD-2933-4659-8293-052D328552C9.jpeg
    C39DA5DD-2933-4659-8293-052D328552C9.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DF4E3D93-5487-4DE3-8204-0C32A01D1227.jpeg
    DF4E3D93-5487-4DE3-8204-0C32A01D1227.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 28
Rolex pricing/availability for most models is insane at the moment. New or used. I refuse to pay artificially inflated prices for anything especially things I've owned in the past and I know their true value to me.
Sucks, but that's the game I guess for those that can afford to play.
Knowing the market value to others and realizing that opportunity is how you make money whether it's guns, watches or houses. I agree with you about paying artificially inflated prices as some fools are paying $20K+ for the same watch that cost me half that much. Look up Rolex 126610LV and see the market value and what some fools are paying vs. MSRP or better yet, try to even find one for sale at MSRP.

Absolutely!! That may be my favorite watch. I like a day/ date and I like that design. I haven't made it to Rolex and they don't make a day/date diver. You can buy the Seiko for what it cost to service a Rolex let alone the price of the watch. I have a Seiko that's nearly 30yrs old and another nearly 25. And they still look good. So far neither have needed repair. I have a Wittnauer that's 30 + and have spent all kinds of money on
They just aren't making them like they used to though, my last 2 "new" seikos have had chapter ring misalignment, but you can find some of the JDM models that seem to be better overall

Hey guys, I came across a heck of a deal on Luminox on ShopWorn today... worth a look

Omega is marketing a Swatch budget version of the Speedmaster moon watch. Only available at Swatch stores starting today for a little over $200. I'm already seeing them on ebay for $1500+. I'll buy one later for msrp.

View attachment 4127820
Promotional gimmick. Only sold in certain retail stores, limited quantity and overhyped. If you're a collector and just have to have one then go for it but there are WAY better watches to spend your money on that are simply better watches IMO.

Still scratching my head as to why Omega would agree to do this collaboration. Pissed off a lot of Omega owners as they feel it devalued the brand. I own a newer Seamaster but I didn't buy it because brand value. I bought it because Rolex and the market for Rolex has lost it's damn mind. LOL.

Promotional gimmick. Only sold in certain retail stores, limited quantity and overhyped. If you're a collector and just have to have one then go for it but there are WAY better watches to spend your money on that are simply better watches IMO.

Still scratching my head as to why Omega would agree to do this collaboration. Pissed off a lot of Omega owners as they feel it devalued the brand. I own a newer Seamaster but I didn't buy it because brand value. I bought it because Rolex and the market for Rolex has lost it's damn mind. LOL.

Omega may have agreed to it as a way to market to a younger generation and feed them uphill over time to the $8k version. Overall my guess is that as Omega is owned by the Swatch Group they likely didn't have full control over the choice.

For me - I like the style of the Speedmaster (especially the twisted lugs) but will never spend the dollars necessary to own one. If I can get a cheap version with the Omega name on it, I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom