• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

old, please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you got a bad torque converter or the pump went out. I was a Ford transmission guy until 2001 but a lot has changed since then. Really need a pressure gauge to see if the pump is pumping. No hydraulic pressure means no engagement.

Trucks are so complicated now. My bet would be on a sensor or miscommunication with the TCM. Will it shift into gear now that its much warmer outside?

Sorry to hear of the headaches on this truck. Crazy that a truck that was only 4 old or so at the time needed a trans and all that work done to it. But maybe not so crazy depending on what it was used for and how it was driven I guess. In any event, hope you get it sorted.

8° weather is pretty hard on mechanical parts. I crammed 2 vehicles in my garage with lawnmowers, kiln and all kinds of crap. Didn’t want to chance the breakage.

Trucks are so complicated now. My bet would be on a sensor or miscommunication with the TCM. Will it shift into gear now that its much warmer outside?
Normally if it is an electrical/electronic problem it will go into FMEM (failure mode effects management) and at least have 2nd gear and reverse. Also known as limp home mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom