Old you giving young you firearms advice...

Firstly, I'd tell my newly graduated self in 2006 to stay away from Erin and hookers. Then I'd tell myself to use my meager dominos paycheck the following year to start buying Mosins, SKSs, and primers. Then I'd tell myself to not pass on the unfired $650 s&w 29-2 in the wood presentation case at the gainesville eastman gun show in 2010. Lastly, I'd give myself winning lottery numbers from each year which would make all the previous advice moot... except staying away from Erin.

Buy high quality whenever possible. Especially in optics.

By once, cry once

“Invest” in ammo

Invest in your health, physical abilities, and training. You can have all the cool guns in the world and it won’t mean anything if you can’t shoot, move, or communicate.

respectfully I disagree. That same $1,000 invested in the stock market in 1985 would be worth ~$230,000. So if you bought the gun you'd have an old ass gun. If you bought stonks you'd have enough money for the gun and a house. While guns are sometimes an appreciating asset, they are not always.

it's similar to baseball cards. those were worthless! they gave them away with gum. they are only worth money cause moms eventually throw them out, kids become nostalgic for them, have real money, and spend stupid money to try and buy back their youth.
We're discussing guns, not stocks.

Back
Top Bottom