Old you giving young you firearms advice...

Go to SWD Cobray on Atlanta Rd.….buy all the Mac9 & Mac10 you can get even if it is one a week. Wait until about 2020/21 to sell them .
I ran a machine shop in Holly Springs back in the mid '80s that produced a lot of parts for SWD.
Back then we could buy Mac9s for an "employee discounted" $150

Dunno why people think inflation means the guns are worth more. The price is higher sure, but its still the same gun.

For me it'd be to buy an AR and get a suppressor sooner

respectfully I disagree. That same $1,000 invested in the stock market in 1985 would be worth ~$230,000. So if you bought the gun you'd have an old ass gun. If you bought stonks you'd have enough money for the gun and a house. While guns are sometimes an appreciating asset, they are not always.

it's similar to baseball cards. those were worthless! they gave them away with gum. they are only worth money cause moms eventually throw them out, kids become nostalgic for them, have real money, and spend stupid money to try and buy back their youth.
Meh...its a gun thread

Dunno why people think inflation means the guns are worth more. The price is higher sure, but its still the same gun.

For me it'd be to buy an AR and get a suppressor sooner

This was fun for quite a spell. Put in my first car, first house, first hourly wage, lots fun to see.

So if you had a time portal to whisper (or yell) something in your younger self's ear, what would it be?

For me, it would have been "buy every m1 carbine you can afford"...

Of course back in the day I was a poor college student and couldn't afford anything anyway but a full auto would have certainly been a choice as well...like a Mac10. Before the Reagan ban. Who knew?

So the rules are you can't take today's money back to the day. Only purchase what you could have afforded back when.

And go...
Buy truck loads of Norinco / Poly Tech M14s and Daewoo rifles.
Buy as much of the good 7.62x51 NATO surplus as you can.
Buy stock in a little known company named Apple.

Meh...its a gun thread

then I'd just focus on quality. Go right to Baer for 1911s, maybe Alchemy.

Own fewer guns overall, that's for damn sure. Instead of all sorts of random things I would own:
Sig 365xl, short grip, dot, 9mm, mag guts, light
Higher end 1911 in 9mm
Staccato or custom 2011 in 9mm.

Sig rattler in 300bo, suppressed, dot, folding, SBR, quality light, done

3 gun AR in 556. currently an 18" JP/Lancer with all sorts of reliable go-fast parts.

realistically I could do everything I do in centerfire with that list. Not even shooting matches these days so scratch the 2011 and AR and I'd be "good"

Back
Top Bottom