• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One nice gun vs many "cheaper" guns

One nice gun or 2 ok guns?

• Total voters
Before the boating accident I had 1 or 2 pistols made by reputable manufacturers, that served their purpose - EDC and a full size for the nightstand; they never cost too much, and I’d add a new upgrade every so often.

Also have a few family passed down shotguns that I can’t (I mean couldn’t) get rid of (my ancestors did not own boats). Otherwise I bought and quickly traded random pistols just to try them out and see how they shoot. I can appreciate the workmanship of a high end pistol, but I’d rather spend that on 2 or 3 from Smith/Springfield/Sig/HK etc. I guess I go more for function.

Dang Hayata Hayata you are fatfishing:D But with that said I have 2 high point carbines that I absolutely love up to a 629-1 Smith 44..all have their merits as long as you shoot them regularly. 770s are there as well as top end 700s. Tools to be used from low to top end. I like them all.

More on the topic of the thread though I kinda do both.

This is all within my personal financial constraints. What I find high end and expensive someone else may find it laughably cheap. And what I consider cheap a different person may say thy could never afford it.

I own both handguns and rifles that alone without upgrades cost close to 1,500-2K which is a LOT to me with what minuscule amount I make currently.

But I also own quite a few cheaper guns.

By cheaper I mean Glock’s. I get Glock’s for 399 new so Glock’s are the “cheapest monetary wise” guns I own. But they are by far my most used handguns with exception of maybe my J-frame 442.

I do not and will not own what I consider cheap guns, like Taurus, hi-point, jimmenez, Scyy etc. unless they were outright given to me.

It’s all in perspective as to what is high end vs low end.

If a new gun owner I say get more lower end, but still quality, guns. I wouldnt get 5 hipoints, instead I would get 1 Glock but I would get a Glock, a HK, a Sig, an AR, and a shotgun before I get a Nighthawk.

Speaking on my most recent action.
I recently sold off about 90% of my small collection of firearms (did not take long either) because I simply had too much money tied up in both inexpensive and expensive ones. I just stood in front of my safe one day and asked myself (Why, and how did this happen). I kept only what I need for both sport and protection purposes. The ones I kept are what many would consider higher priced. The money that was tied up in them has gone to better use and helping to set myself up for an early retirement and being debt free.

I have found over the years by owning several High End Firearms that quality is not necessarily determined by price. I have had high priced ones that were not of any better quality or more dependable than the lesser priced ones.

Back
Top Bottom