• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One nice gun vs many "cheaper" guns

One nice gun or 2 ok guns?

• Total voters
several Kimbers including a Warrior, 2 Pro Carry II's and one other I forgot over the years, all maintained as scheduled, recoil springs replaced when due by round count, cleaned lubed and most of ALL used every weekend. Between the 3 well over a 100,000 rounds.

The Warrior made three trips back to the so called "Custom Shop" before I was told it was machined out of spec and replaced. I traded the $1200 replacement for a NIB Glock 17 with 6 extra magazines and a holster I liked.

The Pro Carry's were great the first ten thousand or so rounds and then slowly started turning into scrapyard junk that could not be depended on.

No thanks, I shoot more than most here will ever and expect things to last; no Kimber will ever grace my safe again. If you want a pretty 1911 to take pictures of and shoot a 100 rounds through and then carry as a SD weapon go for it.
The custom shop sent me a spare mag and a T-shirt after each visit in an attempt to make up for a POS pistol, I would have simply rather had a dependable firearm.

ETA: they were accurate as hell when they worked !

Hard on gear

Pro Carry after 10,000 rounds = maracas.JPG

All purely my opinion to be taken to heart or discarded :)

Last edited:
Kick your Kimbers to the curb.....OFFER

I'm interested in 'bad Kimbers' @ 40-50% of msrp, 'good Kimbers' @ 50-60% of msrp and LNIB Kimbers @ 60-65% of msrp. I'll even buy unpopular Solo's @ a fair value.
All docs, ect. & box required. Not interested in 'odd ball' mags, ammo, holsters, smoking lamps, rusty or sick guns, pre 1999 or modified Kimbers.

Cash is King and we all know it.

View attachment 323174
Quick shot at work...

but this isn't really supposed to be a pic thread or crap on Kimber or Glock vs. 1911

Nice one Shemp! I haven't been on in a while. I see you got something other than a Baer. Congrats man, that's a damn fine gun.

To answer the question in the OP, I'd rather have a few nice guns than a bunch of okay guns.

Nice one Shemp! I haven't been on in a while. I see you got something other than a Baer. Congrats man, that's a damn fine gun.

To answer the question in the OP, I'd rather have a few nice guns than a bunch of okay guns.

Thanks! I haven't taken any glamour shots to have a real "reveal" yet.....how ya been?

Back
Top Bottom