One of those days... (Weeks)

mattp38

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
20   0
Reaction score
So after work I spent my evening on the phone with spectrum tech support due to my cable box that I just received not activating through the means of the enclosed instructions. When I called to have the reciever sent out I also requested a new router. The router I had was from original installation 4 years ago and was so old it would not respond to diagnostics by spectrum. It wasn't completely dead (works about 60% of the time).

I was very specific in my equipment request and the representative assured me they were sending me both the receiver and router. So my receiver arrives and guess what.... No router. The importance of this is that I live in a very rural area and have to rely on wifi calling for any communication with the outside world.

So when I started the process of my call, tonight decided to be one of those nights that the wifi would go in and out. Got disconnected twice talking to the spectrum reps. Finally got my TV going, but wifi still in and out and they're having to send me a new router still.

Funny thing is before I started my call, it becomes apparent that my fridge has decided to quit working. Oh, and did I mention that my dryer went out 2 days ago. Hard to complain about the dryer, it's lasted 17 years with zero problems.

Just hope my car cranks in the morning. Rant over... For now.

I hope it gets better for you. This is life. Just remember it can always be worse......I've learned that the hard way....
When I step back and look, it's hard to complain. I've had a good run for a long time, so I suppose I was due. Just wish things hadn't all came due at the same time. Lol

Spectrum nearly always tried to get you to use a refurbished router.

Learned this from a tech person that we insisted make a service call because of our problems. He said the CSRs are trained to NOT tell you that it may be a router issue The router we had simply would not carry the current speeds.

Tech guys have always been nice and knowledgeable. This guy went out, got a router off his truck and installed. He told me it;s strictly a case of the squeeking wheel getting the grease. Most people don't know enough to ask for an up to date router, and as long as the CSR can convince them that the one they have is "good enough" the customer will continue to deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom