• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ONLY ONE HOUR LEFT GUYS! Coin nerds look at this weird defect Go bid on it

What's it worth? what caused it? I have never seen a coin like this. it bubbles up on both side of the coin but with no defects on the exact reverse of the bubbled up part. Really weird looking almost seems like the die had chunks out of it or something .

View attachment 982208 View attachment 982211

Go bid on it!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282277536060?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
I am going to do this.
In the early 80's you could find silver coins in you change if you looked which I always did.I'd always shaked my change for a telltale sound.Came across a Roosevelt dime 1976 which is not silver but had no copper showing on the rim.Went to a large coin show back then an showed it around.Turns out it was a perfect stamp in Aluminum.I was told that at the time it was worth a lot of money.So I kept it for a rainy day.Kept it though a divorce cause she didn't know.Fast forward.Great recession comes along an I'm unemployed for a year so I dig it out an put it by my back door to see what I can get for it.Had some electrical problems called in a contractor an the day after... the coin was gone.Sad part the thief didn't know what he stole .If he brought it to a coin shop an they saw 1976 they wouldn't care.It's out there somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom