Open fields cases

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
I think ours in sw ga are so spread out they don’t have time to harass.the last time I talked with her she was covering 3 counties.back in early 80s each county had one usually very dedicated to there job.now f you need one it usually takes about 3 days to meet up.i think during duck season they loan out wma guys to help cover the counties listening for shooting.or somebody done rated out the neighbors.
I totally agree with this guy they have no business there without well documented probable cause.

Wasn't it in Polk County, maybe Floyd, about 8-10 years ago maybe that a GW got caught on trail camera at night baiting a private dove field HIMSELF and then returning the next day to write the citizens hunting their land a ticket?

That probably has zero bearing to this debate but suffice it to say, "if you get a turd gw you'll be guilty of something sooner or later."

I have good friends that are GREAT people who are wardens that do it right. I totally respect their job. They bridge honor to their profession. But I also know of some half cocked pieces of crap that don't deserve to wear the badge.

This article is too funny! Who here believes they "own" anything in this country. We are all renters until they want the stuff we call ours.
1712779792152.png

Louisiana hopefully will follow Mississippi, Montana, New York, Oregon, South Dakota, Vermont, and Washington - states that have placed Constituional protections ABOVE Yhe Open Fields Doctrine. In fact, every state should have this protection in place - and ultimately The Open Fields Doctrine should be removed.

Nowhere else in LE can an officer/agent enter or search without PC/RAS. Nowhere. Not your car, not your home, not your place of business, not your cell phone, and not your computer. But somehow land is exempt from the Constitution? Shouldn't be.

They a lot more frequent on leased land around here than private.I’m guessing members pissed at other, members most know the deal of clubs if there ever been in one.I’m at the point in my life where I will never be in another.the problem with land today its worth so much it’s hard to justify it for recreation.

Back
Top Bottom