• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Openly Carrying A Rifle in GA

I was wondering is it is legal for someone who does not have a concealed carry licence to openly carry a rifle/shotgun in GA. What sparked my interest is recently I saw the attached picture in my local newspaper. I do not believe the woman to be a police officer, as I do not see a badge and that is not how the law enforcement of Rome dress. She is blatantly carrying a Hi-Point rifle/PCC. Just food for thought

Also, I routinely do ruck marches along the road/highway. I've been wanting to carry my DPMS A2 clone, as one day I will have to do ruck marches with M16A2s and I want to make sure I can go at least 8 miles/ 2.5 hours having an A2 at the low ready without my arms falling off. I don't have a concealed carry permit. Would this be legal for me to do? Obviously I'm of the legal age to buy a rifle/shotgun and am not a felon.

Any advice from someone who knows/has experience with the laws would be greatly appreciated. I just haven't been able to get a direct answer from the internet. Unfortunately, I know many things like this are up to the discretion of the officer. I'm hoping that this is not one of those gray areas where a jerk officer could get you in trouble. View attachment 2716601

100% legal in Georgia. But your point about gray areas, may be about to get grayer.

Back
Top Bottom