Opinion on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIGHTNINGSTRIKE13

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
I went to a family get together a little while back and there was diner and later some socializing a few beers consumed. Just filling you in on the peticulars. Well my son in law was there he's a deputy (Won't say what county) but he expressed that he got great enjoyment out of tazing people. He liked the way they looked as he had complex control over them. Well I personally had to walk off as I didn't think to much of his banter especially since it was said in front of a rather large group of people.I thought his comments were out of place, and something that would have been better to have been kept to ones self. Now believe me there are some individuals that deserve and need to be stopped by what ever means available...But he enjoyed it no matter the circumstances (as I later found out). I now have a rather low opinion of him due to his lack of diplomacy and inability to reason with a for lack of a better word violator, Guys am I wrong ? I know there's a lot of crap going down against police and a lot of the officers are being injured if not killed, but he just appeared to enjoy it regardless off the circumstances, My father served 22 years in the military and 18 more as a detective and he never had such an attitude.... Am I wrong thinking that he has some sadist in him, do I need to revamp my thoughts ? He's a good husband to me daughter, and a great father to their children, but the moment that uniform goes on he becomes and I hate to say it Billy Bad Ass... And believe me HE WAS NOTJOKING,someone is gonna stomp him into a mudhole. Help me with your thoughts

Given the context here, I would agree with you. I am a staunch supporter of our police force. They do an incredibly difficult job for little pay, and even less respect. However, no man should take joy in the suffering of another.

“Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.”
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom