• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions.............

Luke

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
32   0
Reaction score
Most of you know that I now have a Mini 14 project. I have been looking around and I have found some bull barrels (not too badly priced, but they do require gun smithing). I was thinking, the reason that I was set on the bull barrel was because of the stability of it in the face of being fired constantly (not full auto, or dumping the mags, just lots of firing practically). In my quest to find what I was looking for, I have found lots of good looking muzzle breaks and sites that fit it. Then it dawned on me, since I am not looking for long range (average course is about 50 yards at it's longest point), why not have the barrel cut to 14 inches, recrowned and add a 3 inch break to it permanently to qualify for the 16 inch.

I thought about going to a Bull pup stock, but the reviews are not that impressive.

I would like to hear some opinions.

Luke

When life tosses lemons at you make lemonade. That would make a nice handy carbine. Get a good comp that works and quick follow up shots are remarkably quicker with the .223. Post up pics of your progress sir.

Back
Top Bottom