• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Out of state hunts

thendricks

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
So just had a curiosity how many of you guys do you out-of-state hunts. Thinking about trying some Alabama, Tennessee or South Carolina public land hunts. Wanted to see if any of you guys had experience in any of these states. If any of you guys know of some good places to go. Also open to suggestions for other states just trying to keep it without a crazy drive somewhere.

Did Alabama hunts for 22 years at the end of January to catch the rut outside Selma..

The owner gave us the keys to a cabin and access to his 1100 acres. 6 of us would go for a week and gave him 10 K .. Beautiful property with elevation and Vistas..

He passed away almost 2 years ago and his son tried to double it….

Did Alabama hunts for 22 years at the end of January to catch the rut outside Selma..

The owner gave us the keys to a cabin and access to his 1100 acres. 6 of us would go for a week and gave him 10 K .. Beautiful property with elevation and Vistas..

He passed away almost 2 years ago and his son tried to double it….
Double it 🤣 that’s absurd.

Unfortunately I don’t know anyone with land so probably just going to stick with public land. Unless someone wants to help out with some land I can use.

Use to go to Alabama every year, it was perfect, right after the hard hunting Georgia offered in the last few weeks of season.
They're season was in full swing.
Quality buck only portion, and a doe friendly zone.
I'd still like to go again, sadly my hunting buddies have gotten older with more family responsibilities and can't get away.
Saw over 65 deer at one time, but I've killed 10 points in Georgia, so I'm a little high on my expectations for a certain buck that I'd kill on a "trophy hunt".
While I've harvested a lot of does on my last day, I've yet to see a bigger buck, than I've already taken in my home state.
Would I go back?
In a heartbeat!

Use to go to Alabama every year, it was perfect, right after the hard hunting Georgia offered in the last few weeks of season.
They're season was in full swing.
Quality buck only portion, and a doe friendly zone.
I'd still like to go again, sadly my hunting buddies have gotten older with more family responsibilities and can't get away.
Saw over 65 deer at one time, but I've killed 10 points in Georgia, so I'm a little high on my expectations for a certain buck that I'd kill on a "trophy hunt".
While I've harvested a lot of does on my last day, I've yet to see a bigger buck, than I've already taken in my home state.
Would I go back?
In a heartbeat!
Damn that’s awesome to see 65. See I would be thrilled to see a 10 point. I have lower expectations lol. I’d be happy to go with you.

Damn that’s awesome to see 65. See I would be thrilled to see a 10 point. I have lower expectations lol. I’d be happy to go with you.
FB_IMG_1657577182493.jpg
FB_IMG_1657577042852.jpg

Both killed in Burke county GA

If Your Gonna Hunt Alabama. The School Hunts Are The Way To Go.. We Hunted Marango Academy In Selma For Years.. 3 Day with Food And Lodgeing Was Less Than $1000.. Haven't Hunted It In Years..

Back
Top Bottom