OUT of STOCK (new SAIGA fishing poles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of a screw on trigger guard coming off of a converted Saiga. I have them on various rifles in different calibers, and they all are solid with no issues. Saiga conversions are fairly simple to do with some decent tools that most people tend to already have.

I have never heard of a screw on trigger guard coming off of a converted Saiga. I have them on various rifles in different calibers, and they all are solid with no issues. Saiga conversions are fairly simple to do with some decent tools that most people tend to already have.

For the most part, I agree. A screw attached trigger guard will not come off for most people. A complete screw build would probably work fine for most people. As most people don't shoot their gun enough to matter. Even if a trigger guard comes off, it's usually not the end of the world. But there's a difference in a professional weapon that you can shoot a million rounds out of with no problems except barrel swaps and a weapon used for recreation and range time with about 5000 rounds fired through it in its life.

Which one do you want, nothing wrong with screws if they meet your needs. Sometimes good enough is good enough. However, it really doesn't take that more effort to do it the way it the was meant to be done. And as I said before, if you're going to take time to do it, do it right. That's just my opinion of course.

And you're right, a conversion is a simple operation. I can't imagine paying someone else to simply screw things together. But again, just my opinion.

The only thing that a Saiga conversion need screwed or bolted on is the trigger guard, thats it. If you are talking about building an AK kit with screws, yeah then thats not a great long term game plan, but I thought the conversation was about Saiga conversions? Again screws on a trigger guard are fine and there is no indication it could fail rapidly in a short amount of time to cause a catastrophic failure.

Its misleading to people that dont know and are interested to imply using a screw on trigger guard is less then satisfactory. Other then being aesthetically incorrect their is no proof there will be a problem. There have been thousands upon thousands of Saigas done this way and I have never heard of it being a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom