• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Overrated/overhyped guns

Sorry, but Glocks are not overrated. Like anything else they won't fit/work for everyone, but they are a fantastic compromise of function and quality at an easily obtainable price point. If they cost Sig or HK money they would be overrated. Sig is overrated by the way.

Overrated:

#1 most overrated: Taurus Judge (too bulky, bad accuracy, shotshells spread excessively and have low velocity).
#2 Ruger M77 (factory trigger is awful)
#3 Ruger MKI / MKII/ MK III or .22/45 (bad triggers, mediocre accuracy even when scoped and shot from benchrest, very difficult to field-strip and reassemble).
#4 pump shotguns for home defense (they're good, but not as good as many people think. Most only hold 5+1 rounds. They do require skillful pointing or aiming, AND they don't make bad guys poop their drawers and quiver in fear from the sound of a round being cycled into the chamber.)
#5 the 1911. (It's good, but logically it should not be as loved and widely-carried as it is. There are better choices for defensive handguns on the market now. More reliable, holding more ammo, with trigger systems that don't require the use of a manual thumb safety when carrying chamber-loaded.)

and

Taylor Swift (although she's about as qualified to be President as Donald Trump is (pop culture celebrity and successful in her business ventures) and is a lot more likeable).

Overrated:

#1 most overrated: Taurus Judge (too bulky, bad accuracy, shotshells spread excessively and have low velocity).
#2 Ruger M77 (factory trigger is awful)
#3 Ruger MKI / MKII/ MK III or .22/45 (bad triggers, mediocre accuracy even when scoped and shot from benchrest, very difficult to field-strip and reassemble).
#4 pump shotguns for home defense (they're good, but not as good as many people think. Most only hold 5+1 rounds. They do require skillful pointing or aiming, AND they don't make bad guys poop their drawers and quiver in fear from the sound of a round being cycled into the chamber.)
#5 the 1911. (It's good, but logically it should not be as loved and widely-carried as it is. There are better choices for defensive handguns on the market now. More reliable, holding more ammo, with trigger systems that don't require the use of a manual thumb safety when carrying chamber-loaded.)

and

Taylor Swift (although she's about as qualified to be President as Donald Trump is (pop culture celebrity and successful in her business ventures) and is a lot more likeable).

I see your Taylor Swift and raise you a Lady Gaga and Justin Beber!

Mosin Nagant, yeah I know your $69 sniper rifle is rare and all because they only produced millions of them.
Another vote for Keltec!
Any AK style rifle.
Whoever mentioned 10-22's and Glocks in this thread should be banned immediately.

As others have previously stated, kimbers r highly overrated in my opinion. I disagree with 300 blackout/whisper/warrior carbine/fireball, it's an awesome round if used for what it was intended for. Short barreled and suppressed! On a side note, I do think the springfield RO is one of the best bang for the bucks for a 1911 especially because it's a forged frame and slide gun. Then again so is taurus's pt1911's. Lol.

Well I see that most of the guns that I own are overrated. The only one that I didn't see listed is the Browning Buckmark 22lr. I guess it is a good thing that I didn't pay full price for any of them. Maybe I can get some of my money back out of them if I decide to sell, lol.

Back
Top Bottom