• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Overrated/overhyped guns

Sure AKs have killed untold amounts women and children
Still waiting to hear what AR or FAL army they have walked all over.

So you think Kalashnikovs are strangers to combat? Still, the thread was about overrated/overhyped. No one ever expected the simplistic AK47 design to be carried by formidable fighting forces in 2015.

Highly UNDERRATED.

So you think Kalashnikovs are strangers to combat? Still, the thread was about overrated/overhyped. No one ever expected the simplistic AK47 design to be carried by formidable fighting forces in 2015.

Highly UNDERRATED.
No, my point was they have been used very successfully
All over the world by the worst armies in the world. With the exception of the USSR, that being said none of those armies have ever faired well when fielded against a modern battle rifle... The AK is and always will be overrated in my opinion
The reason it's thought of so highly is the shear numbers fielded by all the armies you as a child if your my age had drills in the halls of school for nuclear attack. I know I have an underfolder hanging on my Armoire in my bedroom but I can assur you if things kicked off tommarow I would leave it hanging there and grab my ARs just my 2cents

I've never thought the AK was overrated. Hell, I thought it was underrated. Put an AK into the hands of an experienced shooter, not a spray-and-pray famished peasant and there would be a world of difference.

I just don't think it's an accurate comparison. Stoner weapons and FALS are used by nations that have Nuclear Weapons and pretty wicked air superiority. Most of the world doesn't have those luxuries. Many conflicts have been decided by combatants outside of major first world nations. The 68 year old design has been a major factor in many of them to this day. No one would have predicted that.

I can't really try to defend the Kalshnikov though. It's like trying to explain the dominance of the SEC when discussing football, it's simply not necessary.

I've never thought the AK was overrated. Hell, I thought it was underrated. Put an AK into the hands of an experienced shooter, not a spray-and-pray famished peasant and there would be a world of difference.

The difference has always been that if you have a non conscript well trained infantrymen why in gods name would you give him an AK? A cheap crude short sight radiused
Ballisticly infiror AT Ranges beyond 300 hell if he is an experienced shooter he wouldn't won't one anyway.

I know there are guys that like AKs on here that I respect
I just don't believe it's the holy grail of combat weapons.

I also can't understand the 1911 I love to shoot them they can be made amazingly accurate but I would never won't one in combat, and for others it's the greatest side arm one could have... Maybe we are all right. If that's possible

Back
Top Bottom