• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Own a bump stock? Looks like you're fixing to be a felon.

Some craziness in that wording...

"ATF estimates the total cost of this rule at $320.9 million over 10 years."

"It is anticipated that the rule will cost $129,222,483 million in the first year (the year with the highest costs). This cost includes the first-year cost to destroy or modify all existing bump-stock-type devices, including unsellable inventory and opportunity cost of time."

Isn't "$129,222,483 million" actually "$129,222,483,000,000" - somebody done screwed up with their math!!

"...continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger." and "...allow that firearm to fire automatically with a single function of the trigger,..."

now with never owning an actual bump stock, only seeing how they function and talking to people that have used them and creating the same effect with my belt loop....this is not how a bumpstock works. the trigger resets on every shot.

i think any lawyer with half a brain about firearms could easily challenge and defeat it with that wording.

Think I'll wait until they make something official. Maybe they will do a buyback??? How about binary triggers?
:lol: sorry that the official rule change by the DOJ that I linked isn't official enough for you. That's it, and there's nothing in it about binary triggers, and definitely nothing about a buyback.

Back
Top Bottom