• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Palmetto Projectiles - ever bought from?

Those look pretty good. I'd give 'em a try if I were loading 300BLK.

Because of the lower velocity and pressure, the bullet's coating doesn't have to be as tough as a copper jacket. These polymer coatings have become popular with some pistol shooters over the last few years, giving the advantages of both a jacketed bullet and plain lead bullet in one bundle. It's not bleeding edge stuff.

They even have a sample pack. It's low risk. Try it and let us know how you do.

I'm just about finished with my first batch of 500... cant beat them for the price, at least in subsonics for 300blk. They do require extra work... I have to use a flare die before seating each bullet, and crimp them when they are done, so its at least one extra step compared to FMJ. Plus the brass gets worked much harder.... im starting to get damaged necks after about 6 reloads on my brass thats not annealed. Don't expect sub moa accuracy, though some people are achieving it. More realistically, 1.5-2.0 moa is attainable, especially since most 300blk are short barrel platforms.

Note: you dont technically have to flare the case...you can totally load them just the same as FMJ, but it will shave some of the coating, and you will need to clean more often/thouroughly than if you flare. Part of the benefit of the coating is it seems to 'wipe the barrel clean' after each shot. Very little fouling with the coating. if its being shaved off by the case neck, I don't believe that will still work well

I have recent loaded and shot Missouri Bullet Company's 245gr bullet which is very similar to those. I though I was getting a deal at $.16 a pill... with the free shipping that's a steal. flaring the case mouth is an extra step but going pew pew on the cheap without worrying about leading the barrel or can is well worth it to me. I wonder if the 203 would be equally as quiet as the 245gr. But I'm using a 1:7 barrel for the 245 if you have a 1:8 you may be better suited with the 203gr

I'd be curious to see the difference in noise as well. Every sub i've sent through mine sounds about the same, with the exception of the sig factory 220gr...they were a bit quieter than the others. The only significantly quieter 300blk i've heard is through my handi-rifle where I dont have to cycle an action

I've used the Palmetto 203's and Missouri 245's.
Yes a little more work is needed to flair and LIGHT crimp the case. Pay close attention to COL.

The 203 shape loads in my 8.5" SBR AR every time.
The 245's sometimes hang on the sharp edge of the feed ramps. I think a little dremel work on the center ramp might make it more reliable for the 245's. The blunt nose is just a little too fat.

Comparing the two, the 203 feeds the best in my AR.
The 245's had a better quality coating. Fewer chips, exposed lead speckles etc.

My only question is build up in the suppressor. It looks like nothing is sticking in the first baffle chamber, but the outside 'fins' of the AAC flash hider collects deposits of something. I can't tell if it is carbon, lead or melted coating. -Using 4227 for all loads.

Back
Top Bottom