• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Passed up a sale?

I recently turned down an offer to buy because something felt off with posts, profile.
Dude stated he has cash, wants to buy. But didn't have carry permit. I'll occasionally waive that requirement if it's a well established member with several positive feedbacks going each way.
Their posts were all I got cash , ill buy it. All over the state, all different sizes of pistols.

Something didn't sit right with me so I politely declined. Anyone else pass up a sale or am I just paranoid?
A gov/mint snitch ass in crack

Had the same thing happen. Didn't haggle price at all. That was odd to begin with. Message was,"Got cash. Can meet today." Sounded a little desperate. Looked at the profile. Same message to several others. Know you shouldn't judge but it felt too much like I'd be putting a gun in a pipeline. No deal.
I'm pretty sure it's the same dude. Felt like he was trying to buy up in bulk for running them or something else I wanted no part of. Sketchy at best.

I'm pretty sure it's the same dude. Felt like he was trying to buy up in bulk for running them or something else I wanted no part of. Sketchy at best.
Anytime I see a new user with "cash in hand", I immediately look at the recent postings and invariably, they make the same "cash in hand, when can you meet?" message on about a dozen Glocks...no way.

Of course you should pass if something doesn't feel right.

But factoring in a carry permit is just plain ignorant in my opinion. A lot of people worked really hard to get constitutional carry passed in this state. Carry permits were and always will be unconstitutional. They are totally unnecessary requirement now.
The fact that some people still long for them is just sad to me.

I don't think it is the actual carry permit that sellers care about. It is the proof that a background check was done on you at some point in the somewhat recent past. Just like buying from a gun shop. Either they have the check done or you need a carry permit. If it makes the seller feel better he has every right. Kinda like wanting a bill of sale.
I've dealt with people who in their listing asked for a carry permit but once we met, had some friendly conversation and got to know each other a bit said it was not necessary even as I was taking it out.

I don't think it is the actual carry permit that sellers care about. It is the proof that a background check was done on you at some point in the somewhat recent past. Just like buying from a gun shop. Either they have the check done or you need a carry permit. If it makes the seller feel better he has every right. Kinda like wanting a bill of sale.
I've dealt with people who in their listing asked for a carry permit but once we met, had some friendly conversation and got to know each other a bit said it was not necessary even as I was taking it out.
same same. get out the car, wallet out, permit ready...dude says "I just put that on my ads to weed out assholes." I get it.

Back
Top Bottom