• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Passed up a sale?

Of course you should pass if something doesn't feel right.

But factoring in a carry permit is just plain ignorant in my opinion. A lot of people worked really hard to get constitutional carry passed in this state. Carry permits were and always will be unconstitutional. They are totally unnecessary requirement now.
The fact that some people still long for them is just sad to me.
for me...YMMV...carry permit is a MUST for savvy Sunday gun show shoppers. I hate waiting at a table or the store to run a 4473. rather fill it out and go.

but I do agree with you.

Folks - they've been reporting a ton of military age unaccompanied males from all over the world crossing our southern border illegally.

FBI has said it's a matter of when, not if, something nefarious will happen.

Be vigilant.
Well "they" (the fbi) should know, they're facilitating the problem when they openly state it's white, christians who are the greatest security threat to this country. 1,000's of military age Chinese crossing the southern border? Nothing to see here...we have our assets embedded in churches all across the country every Sunday. What a f'ing mess we are in.

I, too, am seeing a lot of the "Cash In Hand" "Can Meet Today" responses, usually from members that joined a few hours prior to posting and have a 0 / 0 feedback rating. I have traded with a few 0 / 0 folks with great results. If I felt uncomfortable with the deal during PMs back and forth, I pass. The ones that get me (I have had two) that are excited about the transaction and agree to buy but an hour later, call off the transaction because their wife said to! (They got issues!)

I lowballed myself this morning. A guy made me an offer on an item and I pretty much refused. I countered with a lower price and he took it. True story. All in all, I’m thrilled, he’s thrilled and nobody got hurt.
where are you when Im trying to buy something? Im the worst at negotiating. haha!

where are you when Im trying to buy something? Im the worst at negotiating. haha!
We’d get along perfectly. Obviously, I’m not very good at it either. :rolleyes:

I spoke with the guy on the phone. He’s an incredibly nice guy and I liked him. He’s buying something I know next to nothing about and he didn’t act like a know it all douchebag about it. He explained some things I didn’t know and made an offer. Considering his information, I countered with what I thought was fair… it just happened to be a lower price.

If my plan works, he’ll take me coyote hunting. If not, at least he won’t kick my ass at a meet and greet.

Back
Top Bottom