• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pc gamers - Digital Combat Sumulations (DCS) World

avmtdan

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Searching for John Galt
123   0
Reaction score
Not sure how many gamers we have out there, but I have been bitten by a new gaming bug. DCS world is an uber realistic combat flight simulation, with intense graphics, and real world physics. The game itself is free, but the modules cost $ (modules are different planes, maps, etc). There are tons of aircraft, each one is unique, and is there to be learned. If you are looking for a game you can hop in and within 3 minutes be airborne, keep moving, this aint it. This is a simulator that requires you know the aircraft, its systems, and startup. There are decent tutorials on the different functions and aircraft all over, the best ones are the vids in youtube.

The accuracy is amazing, even things like con trails are figured into the game (where the trails only show up at a certain altitude depending on the given temperature and dew point for the mission). I am currently learning the F/A-18C (which is still in beta with new features/weapons coming out every couple of weeks, but is an amazing plane to learn how to fly and land on carriers).

<Cue Danger Zone Music>DCS has announced a pre-buy for the F-14 tomcat, to include a 2 seat version where 2 human players can occupy each seat!

If you want to give it a try for free it comes with a P-51 mustang and Su-25 ground attack aircraft. You can download it on STEAM or at https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

The game modules are not cheap. The new modules are around $80 for an aircraft (they run sales frequently) and $50 for an area. I have the F/A-18C module and the Persian Gulf module installed currently. Older modules can be had for >$10

Gaming technology has advanced quite a bit, the game doesn't need a monster machine, but newer would be better. I am running an older (7yr+) gaming rig with a relatively new video card just fine. The new controllers are impressive as well, I just purchased the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, which is a pretty true to form replica of the A-10s throttle and stick.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/hotas-warthog

Already have the game, want to fly with some good folks? I have a small group of people who hookup via Discord (voice comms) and dogfight (both eachother and the computer). Good mature (ie older) bunch, no belligerence, but swearing is not discouraged either. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Not sure how many gamers we have out there, but I have been bitten by a new gaming bug. DCS world is an uber realistic combat flight simulation, with intense graphics, and real world physics. The game itself is free, but the modules cost $ (modules are different planes, maps, etc). There are tons of aircraft, each one is unique, and is there to be learned. If you are looking for a game you can hop in and within 3 minutes be airborne, keep moving, this aint it. This is a simulator that requires you know the aircraft, its systems, and startup. There are decent tutorials on the different functions and aircraft all over, the best ones are the vids in youtube.

The accuracy is amazing, even things like con trails are figured into the game (where the trails only show up at a certain altitude depending on the given temperature and dew point for the mission). I am currently learning the F/A-18C (which is still in beta with new features/weapons coming out every couple of weeks, but is an amazing plane to learn how to fly and land on carriers).

<Cue Danger Zone Music>DCS has announced a pre-buy for the F-14 tomcat, to include a 2 seat version where 2 human players can occupy each seat!

If you want to give it a try for free it comes with a P-51 mustang and Su-25 ground attack aircraft. You can download it on STEAM or at https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

The game modules are not cheap. The new modules are around $80 for an aircraft (they run sales frequently) and $50 for an area. I have the F/A-18C module and the Persian Gulf module installed currently. Older modules can be had for >$10

Gaming technology has advanced quite a bit, the game doesn't need a monster machine, but newer would be better. I am running an older (7yr+) gaming rig with a relatively new video card just fine. The new controllers are impressive as well, I just purchased the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, which is a pretty true to form replica of the A-10s throttle and stick.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/hotas-warthog

Already have the game, want to fly with some good folks? I have a small group of people who hookup via Discord (voice comms) and dogfight (both eachother and the computer). Good mature (ie older) bunch, no belligerence, but swearing is not discouraged either. Shoot me a PM if interested.
I would be in but my internet connection sucks.

You can always try it and see if it's playable. Or we could go full nerd and plan a lan party, this is one of the few games that allows you to host local servers

You can always try it and see if it's playable. Or we could go full nerd and plan a lan party, this is one of the few games that allows you to host local servers
I get 1 mbs download and 200 kbs upload so yeah............ The lan party would be a blast but I live in Bama now.

Back
Top Bottom