• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PCC shooters, what are you using?

Sub 2K with a red dot?

IMG_0695.JPG

USPSA Sunday in Covington. $20. Be there around 9.

Me and a buddy share mine on 3 gun and sometimes at the uspsa....not tomorrow though. Its gonna be new pistol day for me.
My first build easily has 5k through it.

Atlanta 3 Gun a week from Sunday.

Save a luttle more and get the JP GMR-15 and be done with it. Buy once, cry once. Since you posted this in the competition corner, I can assume you want to compete with it. Go to some matches and see what most people are running. Your welcome to try my JP.

Yes, this would be a competition gun.
That’s why the Just Right Carbines are out, I don’t like their mag release. They are great for a plinker/fun gun, but lacking in some convinces for competition.

My local match is IDPA, I have to drive a little ways for USPSA.

That being said, LRBHO is important. There are lots of standards stages that require slide lock reloads.

Yes, this would be a competition gun.
That’s why the Just Right Carbines are out, I don’t like their mag release. They are great for a plinker/fun gun, but lacking in some convinces for competition.

My local match is IDPA, I have to drive a little ways for USPSA.

That being said, LRBHO is important. There are lots of standards stages that require slide lock reloads.
I don't agree that they are lacking, they are just different than a standard AR platform. You release the mag with the same hand that changes the mag, which is quite common amongst semi auto weapons. It takes no more time to rack that short slide than it does to hit a slide release, as long as you have the bolt handle on the left side of the receiver. (Right handed shooter)

I've been shooting a QC10 lower that I built out for about 2 years.

Just grabbed a Sig MPX to try and have about 4 matches on it.

The Mpx is a promising platform. Very little dot movement, LRBHO (if that's important for ya) and loves factory ammo.

If you're reloading for it... needs to be on the hot side.

A4BB59CD-D616-45D6-953C-F0D18CC924DB.jpeg

What is your PCC of choice?

I’m looking to go down that rabbit hole and was wondering what the ODT shooters have had good luck with in the sub $1k range?

I’ve been looking at the Foxtrot Mike FM9 and the CMMG guard carbines.

Or do I just need to keep saving, and get a JP.

So I can speak to the FM9. I shoot USPSA with a QC10 lower with Geissele trigger and FM9 16" upper. Optic is a Holosun 510c and Crimson Trace CMR-206 for close in.

I also shoot GADPA with a 8.5" complete FM9 "pistol" with Primary Arms red dot and Geissele trigger. The FM Products billet lower is the best one on the market, imho. It is so reliable Primary Weapons Systems contracted FM Products to make their PCC.

Both guns shoot super awesome, more accurate than I am.

Back
Top Bottom