Pellet smoker reviews

Bass Akwards

Default rank 5000+ posts
Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
48   0
Reaction score
I got turned onto some BBQ last weekend that was off the hook. The pellet smoker was a treager brand. The simplicity of it and the set it and forget it is exactly what I am looking for. Anyone have some pellet smoker reviews?
Thanks.
Bass

COSTCO had some for sale awhile back - said they were all natural but compacted to be denser (? spelling) than hard woods. They had a few different flavors. I think I might try them in a pinch.

But.......... I got this for the week end.

Attachments

• Pecan.JPG
    Pecan.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 33
I have heard great reviews on the Treager. Never used one though. I have an Akorn egg style grill that I use for smoking. Started this cook at 11:00p Saturday night http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/mothers-day-smoke.926141/, set it up, and did not make any adjustments until 11:00 a Sunday when I removed the brisket, and raised the temp to finish off the butts. I do use a Maverick remote t-stat will alarms just incase.

I have heard great reviews on the Treager. Never used one though. I have an Akorn egg style grill that I use for smoking. Started this cook at 11:00p Saturday night http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/mothers-day-smoke.926141/, set it up, and did not make any adjustments until 11:00 a Sunday when I removed the brisket, and raised the temp to finish off the butts. I do use a Maverick remote t-stat will alarms just incase.
Nice, once loaded with wood at 11pm, when did you have to add more wood if any?

Loaded with lump at 10:00, topped it with wood chunks (cherry and pecan), and was still getting a good smoke at 1:30 when I cooked hotdogs for those that did not want Q. Closed the vents after that to kill the fire, and still have enough lump for another cook that long, if not longer.

We (my company) just purchased a commercial pellet smoker today, we pick it up tomorrow, we hope to cook on it this week sometime. Cant remember the brand off the top of my head but it has a rotisserie and can hold 350# of butts.

This is old smokey.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431462850.745005.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431462866.244211.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom