• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People claiming "Less traffic/trading on the site going on"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
It seems I've heard this from the first day I logged on. I get some of you have been around longer but I hear it from those that are newer. I think OS once posted the stats once in response that showed it was not the case.
I get a couple of folks have involuntarily and voluntarily left (sort of the typical life cycle of all forums) but there doesn't seem to be less traffic yet it's been repeated a few times. So? True or false?

Doesn't matter to me, OS pays me for every post, true story. So now you know..... :whoo:

A good metric for this would be amount of feedback left per day.
I think that is what OS posted, plus posts per day. I'm not sure what 'normal' is post Sandy Hook but it doesn't seem to be my impression there is less stuff listed (or presumably being traded). But yet people are complaining about it so wasn't sure if it's same old same old (the complaining) or it was actually different.

I think quality of gear has decreased. Just my honest opinion.
That and majority of people really want to trade their stuff based on retail value. Personally, if I have something worth $1000 but find something I want that's worth $800, I'll do the trade and be happy. Most people seem to want to use their stuff and then list it for higher than retail if you propose a trade or list it at retail for a cash deal. Seems like the dynamic has changed as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom