• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People that pull out BOS during a trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happened to me once at a meet. Drove 2 hours (one way) for a rifle that I really wanted, at the time. It is long gone now. But, back to the point. Seller pulled out the dreaded two pieces of paper and started filling them out. No mention of BOS before this point. I explained to him that not only was in unnecessary, but also RUDE to pull this kind of crap at the meet. I filled out his BOS, put my work address and wrote so sloppy that I couldn't even read it. Yes, he did see my DL, but didn't bother questioning the different address on BOS. Not positive if I signed my own name or not :)

I had that happen once when I sold a glock on armslist. Met up, the fella didn't have enough cash on him (was $60 short) and asked if I would take what he had. Told him hell no. He drove around til he found an atm and came back, gave me the money and thought we were good to go. As I was getting in my car he demanded to take a pic of my drivers license and gwl. I told him there was no ****ing way he was gonna do that and he said if he couldn't then he didn't want the gun. I told him fine, gave him his money back, and sold it the next day on here for $20 more than what he was gonna give me

Now they have the address of someone who probably had more firearms in the house. Also, I don't know you and what's to say you lose it an it ends up with someone not so nice who now knows your name and address and that you probably have firearms. I'm sure a lot of people don't scrutinize and secure BOS's like retail stores do for 4473.

Don't write your address down. Problem solved.

I had that happen once when I sold a glock on armslist. Met up, the fella didn't have enough cash on him (was $60 short) and asked if I would take what he had. Told him hell no. He drove around til he found an atm and came back, gave me the money and thought we were good to go. As I was getting in my car he demanded to take a pic of my drivers license and gwl. I told him there was no ****ing way he was gonna do that and he said if he couldn't then he didn't want the gun. I told him fine, gave him his money back, and sold it the next day on here for $20 more than what he was gonna give me

Sounds like you handled it perfectly. That guy was a tool for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom