• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Phil Gengrey's reply to me, he waited till Pres. Obama Spoke..

mkdhotrod

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
145   4
Reaction score
Thank you for contacting me to express your views on the Second Amendment and the Obama Administration's attempt to implement gun control measures via executive order. As your Congressman, I appreciate hearing your thoughts and welcome every opportunity to be of service.

The right to bear arms is a constitutional guarantee that ensures law-abiding citizens the right to protect and defend themselves and their families. In its announcement onJanuary 16, 2013, the Obama Administration's attempt to implement radical gun control policies through executive order is a gross violation of our Second Amendment rights. Let me assure you that I will work with House Republicans to oppose these measures in their entirety.

Safeguarding our Second Amendment rights is of paramount importance, and throughout my tenure in Congress, I have worked – and will continue working – to preserve those rights. The National Rifle Association (NRA), of which I am a member, has consistently graded my voting record "A+." Over a 10-year period, I have supported Second Amendment and sportsmen's rights legislation 38 out of 38 times.

Since taking office, I have authored or co-sponsored 56 bills to protect or strengthen our Second Amendment rights, including the following:

Fairness in Firearms Testing
This Congress, I will reintroduce the Fairness in Firearms Testing Act. This legislation seeks to improve accountability and consistency in firearms testing by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BAFTE). Currently, BAFTE lacks guidelines or written procedures for firearm testing, resulting in varying and inconsistent rulings for firearms manufacturers.

In one instance, BATFE threatened to prosecute one gun manufacturer in Heard County, Georgia, less than a year after sending written approval for that company's product. This policy has contributed to companies going out of business. The Fairness in Firearms Testing Act provides manufacturers access to video documentation of their product testing in order to ensure a level playing field for both manufacturers and BATFE agents.

I received the same but with this at the end of it as well.

D.C. Military Right-to-Carry
In the 2008 Supreme Court case District of Columbia v. Heller, I co-filed an amicus brief explaining why the District's firearms restrictions were a violation of D.C. citizens' Second Amendment Rights. The court ultimately held that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes, and thus, ruled that the District of Columbia's handgun ban and requirements that rifles and shotguns in the home be kept unloaded and disassembled or outfitted with a trigger lock to be unconstitutional.

However, the D.C. City Council has circumvented the Supreme Court ruling by enacting stringent requirements on gun ownership, including active duty military. There are currently 40,000 servicemen and women who live in or are stationed on active duty within the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Unless these individuals are granted a waiver as serving in a law enforcement role, they are subject to the District of Columbia's onerous and highly restrictive laws on the possession of firearms.

This legislation, which I first offered in 2009, passed the House of Representatives last year. It expresses the Sense of Congress that active military personnel who live or are stationed in Washington, D.C., be exempt from existing District of Columbia firearms restrictions.

During my tenure in Congress, I have made it one of my primary responsibilities to defend our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Please be assured that I will continue to be a strong opponent of any measure that would infringe upon the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.

Again, thank you for sharing your concerns. If you feel that I may be of additional assistance on this, or any other matter of importance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me. I also invite you to sign up for my weekly email newsletter, or to share your ideas and opinions, by visiting my website at http://gingrey.house.gov or emailing me at gingrey.ga@mail.house.gov.

Standard form letter. Gingrey is a politician first and foremost. I don't care for him on a personal level. He comes across as a phoney, like the old snake oil sales men. It is a shame that these elected jack wagons put agenda ahead of our Constitution and thier oath to it.

He made no reference to his recent published remarks about supporting the Second Amendment, but there wasn't any need to have 30 rnd mags to target shoot your AR-15. I don't remember the 2nd making any mention of target shooting.

Back
Top Bottom