• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pictures taken while paddling a kayak or canoe

how is it as far as water depth, swiftness and spots to put in and get out? I've never been on a a river in my kayak only small creeks.

Most of the river is pretty shallow. There are a few shoals where the water moves a little fast, but is not bad
My 7 yr old paddles it inhis kayak. Access points are plentiful. Plenty of places to get out and play. There are a couple of islands.Length of float can be 3-15 hrs and everything in between depending on where you put in and take out.
As I said in my post above, the weekends get a little crazy sometimes. If you are just paddling and sight seeing then it shouldn't be a problem
We like to fish, so all the inner tubers are a problem.

PM your number if you want to talk about it.

Here's the youngster paddling the Etowah.
20160629_184622.jpg

I like this thread...got two I'm rigging out now for my grandson and me....
I used to dive in the Etowah, lots of fun , decent visibility in the Cartersville area...some big fish and turtles in there used to crack open fresh water mussels and hand feed them to bass, bream and shell crackers.

I like this thread...got two I'm rigging out now for my grandson and me....
I used to dive in the Etowah, lots of fun , decent visibility in the Cartersville area...some big fish and turtles in there used to crack open fresh water mussels and hand feed them to bass, bream and shell crackers.

When I was a kid, my dad and I would float the Etowah. We would get a couple of the big mussels and cook them. I haven't seen those in years. I wonder what happened to them? Maybe pollution?

Back
Top Bottom