• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pine Log WMA may be no more soon. A lot of it is now on the market.

This is so spot on. They are building a new subdivision up the road from us. It is supposed to be a minimum of 1500 sq. ft., but they sure look tiny. They are throwing these houses up about 30 days after the pad is poured. I saw one house where folks were moving in while the landscapers were still laying the sod.
Yep I’ll still be blasting rock in a subdivision while people are moving in. Then complaining about blasting, if not for it their houses wouldn’t be in. :bull_head:

It’s crazy. Working that fast, there’s no way anything is square in those houses.

I had this hot chick stop and just randomly talk to me when I was walking my dogs. I was almost finished up, and i was in front of my house. She was making small talk and asking if there were any homes for sale in my neighborhood that I was aware of. She saw my house without realizing it was mine and said she might approach the owners to see if they would sell it. I said well I am the owner and no it’s not for sale. She got embarrassed for some reason, and drove off. Sho nuff NY plates….

I guess it’s a good story bc for about 5 mins I thought I still had it and this hot chick was just randomly talking to me. Lol I like to pretend she wasn’t house hunting.
LOL. She thought you were a renter?

Yep I’ll still be blasting rock in a subdivision while people are moving in. Then complaining about blasting, if not for it their houses wouldn’t be in. :bull_head:

It’s crazy. Working that fast, there’s no way anything is square in those houses.

The dirt work I have seen in some of these new developments is horrible as well. So between shoddy construction and poor land development most of these houses will need extensive repairs in the next few years. Renovation may be the line of work to get into but fixing crappy work is more difficult usually than just doing it right to begin with.

So much for traffic and environmental concerns. This is enough to make a man become a tree hugger!

Good morning. This really sucks! Liberals and so called conservatives in office only care about certain issues when it negatively effects them, then the spins start to happen.

It sounds like a developer(s) have their hands in the pockets of those who control the land and are in office.

Lobbiest play a mean game to get what they want and they are able to throw Millions of dollars around! This is what this sounds like happened as this land is on the market.

If we all (All GA residents) reached out to everyone in office, my bet is it would fall on def ears as there is most likely more money thrown at them to retire they wouldn’t need to work another day.

This is terrible as they are cutting into so many folks recreation land, land for conservation and so on.

I wish there was something that can be done and if anyone has any ideas, Ill help in whatever way I can. Please feel free to PM me or text the number in my Sig block before calling as I don’t pick up the phone if I don’thave a name to a number for whomever is calling.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The dirt work I have seen in some of these new developments is horrible as well. So between shoddy construction and poor land development most of these houses will need extensive repairs in the next few years. Renovation may be the line of work to get into but fixing crappy work is more difficult usually than just doing it right to begin with.
No kidding. Won’t name any companies but I watched one on a job site fill underneath house pads 10+feet with chunky shot rock… those 500k+houses will have some settlement issues in the future.

I'd like to see a state wide moratorium on all new construction until such a time as the infrastructure can be adequately brought up to sustain the volume of use it's going to be subjected to.
The way gov gets things done that ought to slow them down for a hundred years at least.

Back
Top Bottom