• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pistols to be reclassified as AOWs per military arms channel FB page

you guys keep bringing up bumpstocks.. i dont agree with the law or made up alphabet law.
but semi auto is one motion of the finger = one round spent.
to use the bumpstock you locked your finger on the stock and pulled the firearm forward. your finger never moved,therefor it was a automatic device.
this and bumpstocks are apples and oranges..
The only law that defines automatics says a gun is automatic when "It fires more than one bullet per a single function of the trigger"

Nowhere is "finger" in any legal language regarding automatics so you're just making stuff up.

By your logic my belt loop is an automatic rifle.

Right, but if they determine that "XYZ" criteria defines a rifle or AOW, then it makes sense that it would then be applied to ones made here...

I don't think so, but i'm not an expert. It's like some of the 22lr imported pistols must have a fake suppressor welded on.....because of "rules" with minimum length restrictions. American made pistols are not subject to it. I just think this is not the time to freak out yet, though needs to be watched and talked about like we are doing now. I think a Dem administration and congress is more of an immediate threat.

I don't think so, but i'm not an expert. It's like some of the 22lr imported pistols must have a fake suppressor welded on.....because of "rules" with minimum length restrictions. American made pistols are not subject to it. I just think this is not the time to freak out yet, though needs to be watched and talked about like we are doing now. I think a Dem administration and congress is more of an immediate threat.
Fo sho

They're not apples in oranges from the standpoint that they're both bull**** regulatory decrees that are contrary to the actual law. And then of course you had 41f under Obama which was a regulation change that actually rewrote law. And Obama's ATF also tried to do Fast & Furious, but you never hear the TDSers mention these two items because - well TDS...

The difference between the bumpstocks and this new POSSIBLE pistol issue is that Trump was responsible for the bump stock ban, but this crap on the pistolas goes directly against a Trump EO and DOJ orders...
It's all about perspective.

41F was discussed in great length here and we all agreed it was complete bull****. Even liberals like laufen who voted for Obama agree it was complete bull****.

It wasn't brought up everyday because everyone here believes it was complete bull****. There was no debate to be had, we all agreed Obama was anti-gun.

The bumpstock ban gets brought up a lot because the TDS inflected here can't help but make excuses and think it was part of some 3d chess gameplay and that trump is really on our side.

They actually think he's gonna help here, after he's already decided once that the ATF had given us TOO MUCH freedom.

Don’t believe the definition of an automatic has any thing to do with how you press your finger, it’s about how the trigger works. The term the BATFE used to ban them is “rate increasing devices”, which should scare the hell out of you.

The ATF also limited it to devices operated by recoil, which pretty much limits it to bumpstocks.

It was the Bloomberg 'bump stock bill' before Congress (and passed in FL) that used the definition of anything that increased the rate of fire.

It's all about perspective.

41F was discussed in great length here and we all agreed it was complete bull****. Even liberals like laufen who voted for Obama agree it was complete bull****.

It wasn't brought up everyday because everyone here believes it was complete bull****. There was no debate to be had, we all agreed Obama was anti-gun.

The bumpstock ban gets brought up a lot because the TDS inflected here can't help but make excuses and think it was part of some 3d chess gameplay and that trump is really on our side.

They actually think he's gonna help here, after he's already decided once that the ATF had given us TOO MUCH freedom.

Yeah that's not the definition of TDS which is why my "perspective" is totally different than your's. And which is why you ignored the last sentence of my quote, but the bet welching reference was nice... :rolleyes:

The only law that defines automatics says a gun is automatic when "It fires more than one bullet per a single function of the trigger"

Nowhere is "finger" in any legal language regarding automatics so you're just making stuff up.

By your logic my belt loop is an automatic rifle.
well i am going off what i heard in a interview on the news when they banned them.
so settle down,i dont agree with the bumpstock rule anymore than i agree with cerakoting a gun to the point it wont function.
but i will say this....the bump was a mechanical device that was bolted to the gun. when in operation,you did not depress the trigger,the mechanical function moved the trigger into your finger...
so if you try and bolt your belt loop to your pants,make sure and remove your incontinence garment first....

Back
Top Bottom