• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please help...Colt AR15 completely locked up....

I have never had this happen but have read that if mortaring doesn't work you can try putting lube down the barrel with the rifle barrel up in a vice and pull the charging handle by hand on one side while tapping the other side with a rubber mallet IF you are sure the round is not live.

I had this happen once with steel cased ammo. After I fired the round the case failed to eject and expanded in the chamber. I took a hammer with a brass cleaning rod and tapped it right out through the barrel. If you do this make sure that you are only tapping a case and not a live round.

So what was your solution?

I just kept working it to get the round out. Got it home and the ODT recommended more lube. I haven't tested out yet but even that same range trip it didn't happen again.

I read suggestions of sticking a dowel or cleaning rod down the muzzle to dislodge the round but you'll probably have to get the bcg moving

I picked up a older but like new colt match target that Ive wanted forever....3rds in, the bcg completely locked up...Ive always been an AK guy so I'm really not sure what to do...I tried mortaring with no luck....
I have never had this happen but have read that if mortaring doesn't work you can try putting lube down the barrel with the rifle barrel up in a vice and pull the charging handle by hand on one side while tapping the other side with a rubber mallet IF you are sure the round is not live.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 50
Use a cleaning rod to determine if the round is intact or discharged.

I would try to separate the upper from the lower and if that doesn't work i'd disassemble the forearm, remove the gas tube and remove the barrel.

Back
Top Bottom