• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please help...Colt AR15 completely locked up....

Take it to a safe place outside and smack the butt of the rifle into the ground while keeping downward pressure on the charging handle. It should pull whatever out of there. I just had to do this the other day. My problem was a trigger pin had been walking out.

I had a Stag that was a out of head space. It spit a primer out, the primer got into the locking lugs as it chambered the next round and completely locked it up. I had to tear it down and with the help of a wood dowl down the barrel get the BCG un locked and out of there.

Thinking it may be ammo related I tried another brand this time it spit a primer and the primer fell down into the FCG. On the next round I couldnt pull the trigger back. Knowing I had a problem the drill was to put the safety on and clear the rifle. As the safety clicked "ON" the rifle fired. That primer had the trigger jammed and then when the safety moved it pushed that primer and it tripped the sear. Needless to say that rifle was sent back to Stag.

Theres a lesson to be learned KEEP THAT THING POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION UNTILL YOU KNOW ITS CLEAR

Back
Top Bottom