• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please help...Colt AR15 completely locked up....

Seriously, does anyone know OP that could check up on him? Hope he didn't break his stock, bend his charging handle, bugger up his magwell, or end up in the ER!

Why do people still think AR's are hard to clean?
I don't get it either. Lay that puppy open like dads 'ol single shot 12ga and there you have it. The BCG isn't a big deal either. Pull a pin and it all comes apart. If you have any kind of good treatment inside the BCG clean up is a snap.

Make sure the rifle is pointed in a safe direction. Get the dust cover open. Take a large screwdriver and wedge it behind the bolt carrier at the front between the barrel and carrier. Twist the screwdriver to push the carrier back. Have a gunsmith look at it.

I don't get it either. Lay that puppy open like dads 'ol single shot 12ga and there you have it. The BCG isn't a big deal either. Pull a pin and it all comes apart. If you have any kind of good treatment inside the BCG clean up is a snap.

The slidy bits aren't the problem (although they are tedious to take apart and clean all the little thingies), its that @#!@#!@$ star chamber that sucks to get clean.

After all this time I still hate it and why I'll never own an AR.

Back
Top Bottom