• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely true, we got here because they closed their classifieds completely. And when they came back they wanted $1 an ad, not a $1 a month. And we're bigger now than they were at that time.

^^^^ This, GON killed the one reason I frequented their web page and after they realized their terrible mistake months later, they attempted to recoup but ODT grew from that mistake.

The mods and arrogance at GON damaged their site.

I hate ads but understand they often pay the bills. A buck for a listing is not a bridge too far. Gunbroker takes a taste, Ebay takes taste and Pay Pal takes their taste to survive.

I would ask what current ad revenue is for the year and cost to maintain the ODT site for a year in disclosure.

I let my supporter status of 6 years lapse due to the “What’s New” seeming more like Facebook than an outdoor site so I’m torn on this. If you charged $1/mo it would clear out a lot of Craigslist type stuff but the FB stuff would still be there. I’d just sign back up as a supporter vs paying $1/mo. Just one man’s opinion.

I would ask what current ad revenue is for the year and cost to maintain the ODT site for a year in disclosure.
Do you consider the ODT a charity? :D I'm not asking for donations, I'm asking if what we provide is worth someone paying a $1 to use it for a month.

I'm just trying to make a living is probably the best way to say it. I've never tried to get rich off the site but I do like not having to go work anywhere else. I drive a 2004 GMC Sierra with 200,000 miles on it and I have a boat I got from a salvage auction. Those are my assets but everyone thinks I'm a millionaire. :D

Nothing wrong with that at all. Since I’m a cheap bastard and work a labor heavy job I wouldn’t have any interest paying just so you don’t have to have a real job. Not trying to come off as a jerk.

I do thank you for creating this site.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom