Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
$1 meme.jpg
:pound:

@Paynefree

I would pull the plug if that happened
it wont happen.Cost increases are expected,Hell senior lunch went up 50 cents at Golden Corral 2 weeks ago,didnt change a thing same folks there every tuesday.I am so mad I think I will do a M&G on saturday

I appreciate this conversation and I hope nothing comes across as smart-ass or anything, I'm just having a hard time reconciling some of your comments with myself. To me it reads like "this site is one of the best around but not worth $1 a month (.83 if done annually.)"

And to be fair on day two when we made this deal the site was running on $5 a month godaddy servers and stock vbulletin software. :D
I imagine the site requires a lot more capital now than the godaddy days. My position is a little hard to understand, I get it. I mean it's only a dollar. But I am not equating the value of the site compared to the cost of selling. For me it's the principle of the thing, not the dollar of the thing. I know it seems a strange position to take, but it's just where I'm at on this. No matter what you decide, I will have zero hard feelings. This sight has been great experience for me .

Reactions: JWC
I would pull the plug if that happened

There are too many posts in here to read for an answer to this, but why not pay per ad? $1 gets you 20 ads in the bank...or whatever ad count per $1 seems fair? Unlimited relists and no charging to post memes or other shenanigans.

Just charge $1 for "custom" glocks"...seriously, a lifetime member (which i am not) should be exempt.

My concern is that first time user who was as apprehensive about "all that online stuff" as i was when i started using FeeBay years ago.....I rarely shop there any longer. Being on BSB got me used to a forum. They lost to Facebook.

Being on here I found a feedback system that i could trust, a wide assortment of items i never knew existed. I would think allowing "X" free listings a month would be a somewhat acceptable compromise. Posting more for sale items should cost....but then you would start seeing 20 items per ad and it may start raising legitimate prices and start limiting "Good Deals". The hardest problem is the first time user getting a bad taste who once they get that they would probably never come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom