Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hate to to buy a lifetime membership and in a yr the site closes down...is this something that that may be a possibility of happening

No chance of that happening. Worst case scenario is I just find me a new gig to survive on.

A couple thoughts. Charging to post would constrain the volume as some people wouldn't be willing. I think that would likely suffocate the site slowly over time. That's my first observation.

My second observation, I didn't realize until reading this thread that there was an option to pay for a different membership type. Being an IT guy I realize this sort of thing is time consuming and in the spirit of fairness you should be paid so I'll become a supporter officially. I think though as part of the small rolling ads that do exist here you should be running an ODT membership ad to get some visibility to the supporter option as I for one had no clue it existed and would have been most happy to support the awesome ODT site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom