Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone care how much this site makes? If I found out Okuma made two million (profit) per year, I’d only think, “good for him.”

What this site makes ain’t no bodies damn business. If there is a cost, you either pay it or you don’t, but how much he will make is not your concern. My sole problem with this forum remains, and I think I have been pretty consistent here, ****ty mods and Steve turning a blind eye to it.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, if it were me, I’d leave the discussion threads free for everyone, but only supporters would be able to use the classifieds, send/receive PM’s, get access to the user groups, have access to the feed, and be eligible for giveaway day. Boom. Quick and easy.

The question of this thread is, “will it hurt the forum”? The answer to that is yes. At least initially. After that, I think it comes back stronger and better for it.

Is this relevant or have I gone off on a “tangent” OFH? Lol.
There's always some whining, mewling, hand wringing, lip licking, schnorrer eyeing what you have on your plate without a care how you got it there. All they know is you have more than them and it ain't fair.

Math jokes
123E7F4A-2B30-4B1B-8DBF-F60358FCF6B1.gif

I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about internet ads, running a web site and such. Having said that I have assumed for years that Okuma was at least making a nice profit. He should. He has taken the risk in the beginning, putting his time and money into it. He doesn't owe us anything, if we enjoy and use his "product" he should be fairly compensated. Most of the whiners in this thread would not do 15 min of work a week without wanting to get paid a fat executives salary for it. As for those who don't like the rules or the mods, get together and pool your resources and start your own site. Check back in 9 years and let us know how it went for you. We will still be here

It's not so much the rules, as it is the interpretation of the rules. We use to have a sheriff that would let some folks break the law, yet others got locked up. He wasn't a "dirty cop" but he did favors and turned a blind eye.

Lucky for me I was one of the good ole boys. I somehow don't get that feeling on the ODT. lol
With that being said, I'll pay to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom