• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 72,000 registered members at $10 a year your looking at over $700,000 a year. That is a lot of money for keeping the site afloat

You’re assuming off only a single data point. 72,000 users. How many have logged in within say the last month? How many are likely duplicate accounts that would no longer be used if it were a pay site?

Mr. owner, whatever you do, please do not sell this site to Carbon Media, or its parent company. For a number of reasons. If that were to happen, I would not use this site at all anymore, even if it were to remain free under their ownership.

On second thought regarding what I wrote the other day, I would be in favor of some kind of tiered system that still allowed free membership and posting for a small number of posts for us small time users, with increasing levels of benefits for increasing amounts of fees.

I like using this site. I have bought/sold/traded a whole lot of stuff on here.

I don't use Armslist or Craiglist for gun stuff. Armslist itself, and some of the users on there, are a joke. You can sell some gun accessories on Craigslist, but not guns themselves, or some (or any?) gun parts. And then you have to deal with "Craigslist people" - yep, they are kinda like "Walmart people". Those type of people infect both Craigslist (very much so) and Armslist (to some extent), like a bad case of herpes. Primarily because their type are complete idiots. People on here, for the most part, are decent, genuine and upstanding folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom