• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pledge Patriotism

There is more than a little BS claiming that the pledge has been banned from public school. And when my parents recited the pledge, they did not say 'under god'.

Last edited:
well that goes without saying, im speaking as influence outside of the family, as a private free thinking adult (at the age of 18 i suppose)

so many idiots

Yes, I agree with you but if these people were raised right when they were younger our society would be in a much better place than it is now. I have a 5 year old and 3 year old and neither one will be playing certain games until they are much older. I say this because my son had a couple friends on his T ball team last year where the "parrents" were talking about their son playing Call of Duty and I had to call them out on it. I love playing the game, but it is definetely not for kids.

Yes, I agree with you but if these people were raised right when they were younger our society would be in a much better place than it is now. I have a 5 year old and 3 year old and neither one will be playing certain games until they are much older. I say this because my son had a couple friends on his T ball team last year where the "parrents" were talking about their son playing Call of Duty and I had to call them out on it. I love playing the game, but it is definetely not for kids.
well, parents are affected by outside social pressures as well, hence them all thinking its ok for their kids to play or do certain things because its suddenly socially accepted

but hey, it sounds like you got them on the right track. just watch out for public school thats indoctrination at its worse

I don't say the pledge anymore, but it's not what you might think. The country that I love, defended, and served (in military for 25 yrs) no longer exists in the way it once did. This country has been bruised and battered by a variety of issues/causes. I haven't quit or abandoned it, but it has definitely changed. I'm praying that fresh capable leaders will emerge and things will get back on track; I'm hoping that I can look back on my present disappointment as a lapse in my judgement and patriotism.

OK boys, fire me up!

If you came to me and called me out for letting my kids play COD I would tell you to mind your own. My oldest has been playing for 2 1/2 yrs and is now 8. He fully understands its a game and doesn't go out and play war. Him and his friends play cops and robbers and don't even shoot to kill. They play and the end result is that someone is arrested and goes to jail.

Yes, there are parents that let the kids play COD and such and don't talk with their kids or explain anything. They just use the games as a babysitter.

Why allow children to murder "virtual" people at all?

Same could be said for just about any game if you twist it around. Why let kids play games with fast cars? Why let kids play games that squish little defenseless animals (Mario)? Why let kids play football to smash other people and get the ball? Hell why let kids do any thing?

Because if they are raised with morals and ethics they know and understand competition and the venue of the game doesn't deter from that.

As a side note; You can ask my kids if they should shoot and kill animals. They will respond, yes, only if you will eat them. Ask them if they should shoot people. They will tell you only if they are trying to kill you.

Kids are very smart and they will listen if they are spoken too. Its up to the parents to "parent" and I will say there aren't may that do the job well.

Same could be said for just about any game if you twist it around. Why let kids play games with fast cars? Why let kids play games that squish little defenseless animals (Mario)? Why let kids play football to smash other people and get the ball? Hell why let kids do any thing?

Because if they are raised with morals and ethics they know and understand competition and the venue of the game doesn't deter from that.

As a side note; You can ask my kids if they should shoot and kill animals. They will respond, yes, only if you will eat them. Ask them if they should shoot people. They will tell you only if they are trying to kill you.

Kids are very smart and they will listen if they are spoken too. Its up to the parents to "parent" and I will say there aren't may that do the job well.
You're the parent, but COD <> Mario. Killing humans in a virtual and realistic setting is quite a lot different than frogger.

You're the parent, but COD <> Mario. Killing humans in a virtual and realistic setting is quite a lot different than frogger.

I agree. Realistic games like CoD can desensitize while Lego Star Wars doesn't.

On the other hand I also agree that if you raise your kids with morals it may not affect them.

As far as the pledge goes, based on the way this country is going right now, I couldn't possibly care less that they don't recite it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom