• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Plumbing help

That's a half ass swing joint he installed . Dig back the pvc line( 3/4 feet)enuff to get some lateral movement on the pipe(2 to 3").You should be able to do a normal glue n 45 and a new screw in(off meter) with teflon tape. Would also use the blue wet/dry glue n that situation.

That is pitiful ! Whomever done that work should be ashamed and retrained !
Good luck, I do hope you find a competent person to do it correctly that doesn’t charge an arm and leg

Guy didn't have the fittings he needed on the truck so you got every elbow he had. I am not a fan of threaded plastic fitting as they either leak or crack especially when combined with a metal NPT fittings

3years ago water line after the meter busted. Had a plumber fix. This is how it was fixed. It was originally straight piped. He put All the pex stuff that is in the shape of a “U”. A new elbow and a screw in connector. Well it’s leaking again. Broke at the threads. Circled in red. I’m no plumber but I feel I can fix it better and cheaper. Any recommendations ?
I'd run it as straight as possible. When screwing copper into pvc make sure that you put some sort of block under the pipe coming from the road. Reason is that when you cut water on in the house or each time you cut and water on, it creates a hammering on the pipes and over time it ill cause the PVC to crack or break. You just have to just that motion as suttle as possible. I had the same problem and that fixed mine. Even if you can strap it to something it wall help the hammering of the pipe when it comes on.

Back
Top Bottom