• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Plumbing help

That's a half ass swing joint he installed . Dig back the pvc line( 3/4 feet)enuff to get some lateral movement on the pipe(2 to 3").You should be able to do a normal glue n 45 and a new screw in(off meter) with teflon tape. Would also use the blue wet/dry glue n that situation.
Lava glue for the win dries in 30 minutes much better than blue glue.

And it looks to me like the Y strainer is installed backwards ?

Sure lokks like it if the pvc goes to the house .

Man that is embarrassing

A shark bite would be better that that mess

What you got would be an acceptable emergency repair , but wow, as a permanent one , no way .

You should email the company that did it the pics and ask them to come repair it properly at no charge before these pics wind up tagged their Facebook page or Twitter or Instagram page or whatever internet advertising they do .

that's the backflow preventer installed by the county/city, it's installed correctly, if it were a swing check valve it would be installed wrong direction
that cap on top is the cleanout

and I agree the Company should see this, not that it matters 3 years later, with that type workmanship I sure the guy is long gone messing something else up

Sure lokks like it if the pvc goes to the house .

Man that is embarrassing

A shark bite would be better that that mess

What you got would be an acceptable emergency repair , but wow, as a permanent one , no way .

You should email the company that did it the pics and ask them to come repair it properly at no charge before these pics wind up tagged their Facebook page or Twitter or Instagram page or whatever internet advertising they do .
I emailed the company. I got no response just as I thought. Company was RS Andrews. They were going to come out Saturday but I told them not to bother. When the repair was made the “ technician” took a picture with his iPad. So I know they have seen it at some point. But obviously didn’t question it or show concern. I ended up contacting another plumber that I trust that fixed it correctly. But it was costly. I just didn’t have the time to do it myself, and needed water to the house.

Take a pic of the origional receipt , black out the name and address
And post it along with the pic of the work on Facebook and tag RS Andrews page on the photo

come on guys. apparently yall are not up to date on newer pipe installs. That is simply a new method sediment trap called a reverse P or in 2023 terminology a gender fluid,no judgement direction diverter.

Back
Top Bottom