• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pneumonia…

geezer

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
781   0
Reaction score
I went down to Perry Fla for a week and ended up coming home early with bronchitis/pneumonia. Got to feeling pretty ****ty down there, so I cut the trip short and drove on home…I saw an urgent care doc down there who wanted to treat it with over the counter stuff, unless or until it got worse….it did….Yesterday was horrible, but today seems to be starting off better. I hacked up chunks of dark green and brown congestion the last few days, so I did a Covid test, negative…no ticks were found….****…this is the first lung infection I’ve had since I quit smoking 20 some odd years ago…it was cold down there, and I guess sitting by the fire every night, inhaling all that smoke(it follows me) might have triggered it…
any good home remedies? I think I’m on the downhill side of it…

I had it 5 years ago, it was horrible. Lots of water and dr gave me a breathing machine with albuterol. Took a month for me to feel better and 6 months to completely heal. Never smoked.

Drank nyquil at night to sleep, also slept up right on the couch. Other than that I suffered.

I retired in June, and went on my wife’s insurance, haven’t been to my primary care in about a year and a half…so trying to get in to see him takes a few days..weeks…if I get worse, my best option is ER…
Geezer you're a Veteran. Are you service connected?

idk if pneumonia but as Cwalk4040 said its going around. Several co-workers, family and lodge brothers have/had it. Ive been coughing up yellow green for several days following my wife. Nyquil and sleeping sitting up has helped me somewhat. Sorry yours is bad and hopefully (praying) it'll be knocked out soon.

I went down to Perry Fla for a week and ended up coming home early with bronchitis/pneumonia. Got to feeling pretty ****ty down there, so I cut the trip short and drove on home…I saw an urgent care doc down there who wanted to treat it with over the counter stuff, unless or until it got worse….it did….Yesterday was horrible, but today seems to be starting off better. I hacked up chunks of dark green and brown congestion the last few days, so I did a Covid test, negative…no ticks were found….****…this is the first lung infection I’ve had since I quit smoking 20 some odd years ago…it was cold down there, and I guess sitting by the fire every night, inhaling all that smoke(it follows me) might have triggered it…
any good home remedies? I think I’m on the downhill side of it…

You know what they say….. Smoke follows the ugly one….. Don’t ask how I know! 😂

Hope you get better quickly!

Back
Top Bottom