• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pneumonia…

Bypass, yes, service connected, 90% at the moment. Doing the Vicks humidifier all night, fever was 101.0 this am. And the hot showers work wonders.
Brother the VA has me in at least once every three months for Psychological and medical. At 90 percent you have full VA medical right? If not you need to get the final 10 percent.

GOD bless you man and get well soon.

I went down to Perry Fla for a week and ended up coming home early with bronchitis/pneumonia. Got to feeling pretty ****ty down there, so I cut the trip short and drove on home…I saw an urgent care doc down there who wanted to treat it with over the counter stuff, unless or until it got worse….it did….Yesterday was horrible, but today seems to be starting off better. I hacked up chunks of dark green and brown congestion the last few days, so I did a Covid test, negative…no ticks were found….****…this is the first lung infection I’ve had since I quit smoking 20 some odd years ago…it was cold down there, and I guess sitting by the fire every night, inhaling all that smoke(it follows me) might have triggered it…
any good home remedies? I think I’m on the downhill side of it…
Prayers for healing

Brother the VA has me in at least once every three months for Psychological and medical. At 90 percent you have full VA medical right? If not you need to get the final 10 percent.

GOD bless you man and get well soon.
Working on that final 10%… but yes, I think they cover full medical at 70% and above. Just went 90 on 1 December, and we have a few more issues unresolved…
I wonder if this episode didn’t evolve from allergies? My immune system is greatly compromised

I just went through the same thing a few weeks ago. Finally got to see the doctor and he put me on antibiotics and an inhaler. Started to feel better after a few days so started doing some yard work. Stepped awkwardly in a low spot and now I have a torn meniscus that requires surgery. Can’t win for trying.

Get better.

Hot water with splash of whiskey, honey, lemon. I also add cinnamon and apple cider vinegar if I can stand it. You get used to it, lol. Don't know if it will help with pneumonia, but it's a decent excuse to drink a little whiskey! Feel better.

Edit: They say drinking bourbon also helps ones outlook while job hunting, so I will have one now.
Edit: "They" is me.

I went down to Perry Fla for a week and ended up coming home early with bronchitis/pneumonia. Got to feeling pretty ****ty down there, so I cut the trip short and drove on home…I saw an urgent care doc down there who wanted to treat it with over the counter stuff, unless or until it got worse….it did….Yesterday was horrible, but today seems to be starting off better. I hacked up chunks of dark green and brown congestion the last few days, so I did a Covid test, negative…no ticks were found….****…this is the first lung infection I’ve had since I quit smoking 20 some odd years ago…it was cold down there, and I guess sitting by the fire every night, inhaling all that smoke(it follows me) might have triggered it…
any good home remedies? I think I’m on the downhill side of it…
It’s COVID, only cure is an untested and probably dangerous vaccine. Be sure to rush right out and get it NOW!

Hot water with splash of whiskey, honey, lemon. I also add cinnamon and apple cider vinegar if I can stand it. You get used to it, lol. Don't know if it will help with pneumonia, but it's a decent excuse to drink a little whiskey! Feel better.

Edit: They say drinking bourbon also helps ones outlook while job hunting, so I will have one now.
Edit: "They" is me.
Always figured if a “splash” was good for you, a bottle must be amazing… LOL

Back
Top Bottom