• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

POLL: if you could go back and do it over again, would you get married?

if you could go back and do it over again, would you get married?

• Yes

Votes: 113 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 39 21.3%
  • Tacos

Votes: 31 16.9%

• Total voters
What about kids?

Not sure what you mean exactly? I suppose it makes some degree of sense to get married if kids are involved or in future plans, though I still dont think marriage is exactly a necessity. For me personally, I have never wanted kids of my own even a little bit and I made that exceedingly clear to my current gf from day one.

wanted-good-woman-must-be-able-to-clean-cook-sew-32973814.png

Been there done that. Not only no but HELL NO! But, to be honest my ex's have one thing in common............me.
I remind my dad of this from time to time. The other thing they have in common is they were allowed to walk away.

I was engaged once, but thankfully that ended before I made the mistake of marrying that woman. The divorce rate I've personally witnessed among friends and coworkers of mine is probably around 85-90% and had I married the woman I was engaged to all those years ago, I would have been part of those statistics.

My personal view on marriage now, is why take the risk. If a relationship is good for however many years, why ruin it by getting married? I'm also of the opinion that bank accounts/credit cards should never be shared or joint accounts.
My wife and I had separate accounts. I thought we were debt free and she had some cc debt (nothing crazy). We took a Dave Ramsey course and I realized that if we can't share a checking account we can't share a bed. If one of you is in debt you are both in debt. Money like the other things that come along in life for us have been handled together. It's sort of what we signed up for.

They get crazy after kids. Marriage doesn’t ruin relationships. The extra stress from kids do. They suddenly take priority over maintaining the relationship, and ALOT of women have a rough time emotionally after having kids. Hormones are way out of wack, and it can take over a year for them to get back to baseline crazy.
Kids are worth it though.
Not alot of people are willing to admit it, but this is the truth.

But I wouldn't change a thing. My kids are the best thing that ever happened to me. And my goal is to be the best dad that I can be.

Whenever you get married make sure you take a few years for just the two of you.

Back
Top Bottom