• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pool owners. Pump replacement?

The motors normally fail because of water intrusion from the wet end.
Replacing the motor without stopping water from getting into the motor is another failure waiting to happen.

When you remove the motor from the pump it will normally be evident where the water got to the motor :(

The motors normally fail because of water intrusion from the wet end.
Replacing the motor without stopping water from getting into the motor is another failure waiting to happen.

When you remove the motor from the pump it will normally be evident where the water got to the motor :(
Ah, makes sense. I misread your post and thought you said I'd be replacing the pump, not the motor. Yeah this pump and motor was put in with the pool which I think was 6 plus years ago. It looks ancient. We just bought the house a year ago.

Ah, makes sense. I misread your post and thought you said I'd be replacing the pump, not the motor. Yeah this pump was put in with the pool which I think was 6 plus years ago. It looks ancient. We just bought the house a year ago.
I replaced a motor on a Hayward super pump but foolishly did not replace the seal kit. The motor was chirping again in about a year. I spent the $15 for the seal kit and the next motor lasted 5 seasons. :doh:

No, bigger. It's a 2.2 hp Hayward (have to check model later). The motor is a Century B2983.

I replaced mine back in 2005-2006 ish for less than $600.00 (not as large a motor I don’t think). Disconnects were already in place from previous owner so no cutting required. Not really difficult. If I remember correctly, started in the morning, finished by noon but I’m slow and was careful. Many could do it much quicker than me. I can’t imagine $3800.00 even with inflation.

I'm taking my pool down. Got a good pump and motor if anyone wants to make me an offer
I wish I could get rid of mine! But it's in ground. A pool was one of the main things I said I did not want! :frusty:
Can't wait to pass it along to the next sucker, I mean proud homeowner.

I wish I could get rid of mine! But it's in ground. A pool was one of the main things I said I did not want! :frusty:
Can't wait to pass it along to the next sucker, I mean proud homeowner.
I get in my pool maybe once a year. Hail storm destroyed the liner this past summer and I finally talked my wife into taking it down. I'll be glad when it's a memory

Back
Top Bottom