• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Power out across Turkey

Modern times the city is known as Istanbul.
BTW...half of the city is in Europe...the other portion in Asia. Separated by the Bosporus Strait.

I see, well after some googling i discovered
Istanbul was Constantinople
But, now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
and it's been a long time gone, Constantinople
and they say now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

I even heard
every gal in Constantinople
lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
so if you have a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

I also learned that
even old New York was once New Amsterdam
and why they changed it I can't say
i guess people just liked it better that way

So i guess if you want to go back to Constantinople
you can't go back to Constantinople
because it's been a long time gone, Constantinople
and why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks....

just sayin.....:music:

Last edited:
There's jokes to be made here, of course. But let's remember there's really no reason this couldn't happen here. Could you imagine what would happen if terrorists took down the power grid for even a couple weeks? The fact is, any amount of destruction to the power grid could take years to fix. One transformer takes 6 months to build. It would take a decade for the power grid to become fully functional again if it was totally destroyed. It's not outrageous to think about. Just look at New York, New Orleans, etc. Let's hope there's a plan in place somewhere to minimize the damage of something like this, cause it would be catastrophic.

There's jokes to be made here, of course. But let's remember there's really no reason this couldn't happen here. Could you imagine what would happen if terrorists took down the power grid for even a couple weeks? The fact is, any amount of destruction to the power grid could take years to fix. One transformer takes 6 months to build. It would take a decade for the power grid to become fully functional again if it was totally destroyed. It's not outrageous to think about. Just look at New York, New Orleans, etc. Let's hope there's a plan in place somewhere to minimize the damage of something like this, cause it would be catastrophic.

:tape2: Shhhhh, don't give them any ideas......

Back
Top Bottom