• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Power out across Turkey

Do you guys really want Jews and Muslims to suddenly discover the joy of bacon? Imagine what that new demand for supply would do to pork prices. If you love bacon like I love bacon, respect the middle east's hatred for it and leave them be....please.

Yea that's a good point.
The Japanese discovered our pecans a few years ago and the price has gone through the roof!

Yea that's a good point.
The Japanese discovered our pecans a few years ago and the price has gone through the roof!
Is that what happened? Did they discover black walnuts too? I was going to buy some of both not long ago and double checked the weight of the bags and the prices...and thought..screw that! When did these turn to gold?

I see, well after some googling i discovered
Istanbul was Constantinople
But, now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
and it's been a long time gone, Constantinople
and they say now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

I even heard
every gal in Constantinople
lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
so if you have a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

I also learned that
even old New York was once New Amsterdam
and why they changed it I can't say
i guess people just liked it better that way

So i guess if you want to go back to Constantinople
you can't go back to Constantinople
because it's been a long time gone, Constantinople
and why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks....

just sayin.....:music:

name the band.

A general nuclear war would have also create EMP that would fry electronics in addition to blast and thermal effect. It is just that those are so much worse, but in the aftermath, the damage to the power and electronics grid would be just as bad or worse. It would have made recovery more difficult.

But yeah, the West's dependance upon energy and electronics is our Achilles' heel. And everyone knows it.

I don't know about right now...but all during the cold war, Russia's power grid was archaic and very vulnerable. We had plans to take that out right away if things ever went really bad.

I don't know about right now...but all during the cold war, Russia's power grid was archaic and very vulnerable. We had plans to take that out right away if things ever went really bad.

Probably even worse now. STILL archaic but they'll be even more dependent upon electrical systems (computers, "efficient" networked grids, electric instead of gas pumps, etc.) But no where near as bad as us. Your average Russian is used to shortages and crappy services. If the power goes out, they'll just fire up the wood stove and drink more Vodka. 'Mericans will go into shock and panic (ref. Katrina, Sandy, etc.) if they are even slightly inconvenienced.

Back
Top Bottom