Power Stop brakes???

Wallace's

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
Has anyone tried their Z36 setup? My Sierra has a rear sticking caliper and the rotors and pads are close to being done. The pads are almost worn out, and my rotors are too thin to be turned one more time.

The Power Stop setup is nearly half of what GM wants for rotors and pads. My question is, do they work better than OEM and has anyone gotten a service life out of them yet? I will tow occasionally as well as carry heavier loads.

I have not tried this brand yet and GM is way too over priced for stock replacement,. Reviews seem ok, but I don't want cheap ass parts on my truck.

Just looking for real world feedback. With track cars, I know the cross drilled rotors are prone to crack, but not sure if these would do the same.

Thanks

Power stop makes great stuff. They've been in the brake game a while. Run those rotors with ebc pads, works awesome. For a dd, I generally won't run slotted and drilled rotors but just going slotted would be fine if u want.

they are also a sponsor for wyotech and muscle car TV and a few others such as corvette motorsports racing..so I have heard good stuff..rebuild the caliper the puck is sticking !

they are also a sponsor for wyotech and muscle car TV and a few others such as corvette motorsports racing..so I have heard good stuff..rebuild the caliper the puck is sticking !
Yeah, the rebuild kit and honing is more $$$/time than buying a replacement. Its just a single pistol caliper. If it were a Brembo, Stoptech, or another nice caliper that was I would, but its just a cheap GM single piston. 2+ pistons, a rebuild kit is worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom