• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Praises for our Member 6Bones

N Cochran

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
335   0
Reaction score
I know how difficult being an elected county official can be. I wanted to post this so that all of us here in the ODT family can say a well deserved "thank you" to our fellow ODTer 6Bones for standing up for our gun rights. 6Bones is a county commissioner in the county where I live. Apparently, a very small group of citizens complained to the county about firearms discharges near their residences at some point in the recent past. They alleged the firearm owners were being unsafe in their use of the firearms, although any examples of this "unsafe" behavior were never given. Truth be told, it sounded as if the complainants deemed any use of firearms as unsafe and were simply anti-gun. The issue was brought up before the county commission with a request from this group of citizens that an ordinance be passed placing some type of prohibition on the use of firearms in our county. 6Bones was the first commissioner to speak up and he refuted the claim and the position of the anti-gun group. He then stated that if there was any unsafe use of a firearm that laws were already on the books to deal with such an issue and no further laws or regulation needed to be passed in order to insure safety. He reiterated that the safe and proper use of a firearm is a right and nothing to be afraid of. After the leadership he showed all other commissioners spoke similarly and voted unanimously to not take any action to further restrict the use of firearms in our county.
I write this again so that we can support 6Bones. I won't out him by name unless he volunteers. I am proud to call him a friend and wish that all elected officials would take such a common sense approach to dealing with anti-gun political action groups.

Thank you 6Bones.

I live in this county as well . I am restrained to only be able to Plink with a 22 using 22 quiet BUT it is good to know we have someone to "Represent"

6Bones is a good guy, I met him at one of our meet and greets at a BBQ place up that way and had lunch with him.

Glad he was elected and seems to be putting in the work.

I know how difficult being an elected county official can be. I wanted to post this so that all of us here in the ODT family can say a well deserved "thank you" to our fellow ODTer 6Bones for standing up for our gun rights. 6Bones is a county commissioner in the county where I live. Apparently, a very small group of citizens complained to the county about firearms discharges near their residences at some point in the recent past. They alleged the firearm owners were being unsafe in their use of the firearms, although any examples of this "unsafe" behavior were never given. Truth be told, it sounded as if the complainants deemed any use of firearms as unsafe and were simply anti-gun. The issue was brought up before the county commission with a request from this group of citizens that an ordinance be passed placing some type of prohibition on the use of firearms in our county. 6Bones was the first commissioner to speak up and he refuted the claim and the position of the anti-gun group. He then stated that if there was any unsafe use of a firearm that laws were already on the books to deal with such an issue and no further laws or regulation needed to be passed in order to insure safety. He reiterated that the safe and proper use of a firearm is a right and nothing to be afraid of. After the leadership he showed all other commissioners spoke similarly and voted unanimously to not take any action to further restrict the use of firearms in our county.
I write this again so that we can support 6Bones. I won't out him by name unless he volunteers. I am proud to call him a friend and wish that all elected officials would take such a common sense approach to dealing with anti-gun political action groups.

Thank you 6Bones.

Thanks for the kind words and support. I had hoped to keep a low profile for my first official meeting, but it wasn't to be. After studying the complaints and spending a lot of time researching with the sheriff's office, county marshal's office and with a former DNR warden, I just did what I think any of us here would have done. I am humbled by the shout out. Thanks.

Thank you 6Bones.
good for him!!!

Back
Top Bottom